Pelvis/Hip Case 6 References
1. Gibbs MA, Newton EJ, and Fiechtl JF: Femur and Hip. In Marx JA, Hockberger RS, and Walls RM (eds): Rosen's Emergency Medicine, 6th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2006.
2. Lavelle DG: Fractures and Dislocations of the Hip. In Canale ST and Beaty JH (eds): Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics, 11th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2008.
3. Miller DL and Berkenblit S: Intertrochanteric Fracture. In Frassica FJ, Sponseller PD, Wilckens JH (eds): 5-Minute Orthopaedic Consult, 1st ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Philadelphia, 2007.
4. Steele MT and Ellison SR: Injuries to the Pelvis, Hip, and Femur. In Tintinalli JE, Kelen GD, Stapczynski JS (eds): Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, 6th ed. McGraw-Hill: New York, 2004.
5. Wheeless CR III: Intertrochanteric Fractures. 17 Dec 2007. 9 Dec 2008. http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/intertrochanteric_fractures.
The authors would like to acknowledge David Salzman, MD, for his contributions to this case.